The Junior League of Hampton Roads is proud to have our members serve on the Board of Directors of various non-profit organizations. These organizations seek out our members because they understand the training and passion that these women can contribute to their various causes. They know that our members are knowledgeable in the operations of boards and committees, as well as experienced in volunteer work.
Some of our current and recent past positions on local non-profit boards include:
- Boys & Girls Club
- Downtown Hampton Child Development Center
- Metro Peninsula YMCA
- Newport News Garden Club
- Peninsula Fine Arts Center
- Peninsula SPCA
- Sarah Bonwell Hudgins Foundation
- Virginia Living Museum
- Virginia Peninsula Foodbank
- ASPIRE Young Professionals of the Greater Williamsburg Business Council (formerly the Young Emerging Professionals of Williamsburg)
- Early Childhood Music School
- Star Legacy Foundation
If you are involved with a local non-profit on the Virginia Peninsula, and would like to have one of our members sit on your Board, please contact us!