Since 1991, the JLHR has budgeted for and disbursed small, one-time grants to organizations, individuals, or families who have a pressing, urgent need.
During the 2019-2020 League year, the League disbursed $2,000 in funds to the following:
- El Paso Community Foundation
- Mayor’s Book Club – Healthy Families Partnership, Inc.
- Five Loaves Food Pantry
- PORT Shelter
- Junior League of Nashville after tornados
- Newport News Public Library Foundation
- Virginia Living Museum
- Williamsburg House of Mercy
- Boys and Girl Club
- Downtown Hampton Childhood Development Center
- Queens Lake/Burton Food Pantry
- Two individuals:
- A family who had a house fire and lost most of what they had
- A $100 gift card to a single mother for supplies needed
Do you know of an organization, individual or family who could use immediate funds? Please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Board of Directors meets monthly to consider these community needs.