- Leadership opportunities
- Whatever interests you, there is a committee or leadership role for you.
- We intentionally place members in roles that compliment their skill set OR help them learn and work on a new skill.
- Professional development and training, both in-house and through the Association of Junior Leagues International (AJLI)!
- In-person trainings are offered once a month and topics can range from Public Speaking to Human Trafficking.
- Being a member gets you additional access to the Association of Junior Leagues International (AJLI) online trainings taught by leaguers and issue experts that are accessible on-demand.
- Social events, including family events, girl’s nights out, and couples events!
- These are intended to promote friendships and professional networking.
- They range from events like meeting up for an outdoor concert at Jamestown with our families, competitive Bunko Games, Girl’s Nights out and even a Ghost Tour!
Who can join?
- All women who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism.
How can I learn more about recruitment?
- Check out our Facebook and Instagram pages to get the most up-to-date information about our recruitment events and activities.
- Contact our JLHR Recruitment Chair, Anne Strickland, at Recruitment@jlhamptonroads.org to get added to our prospective member mailing list.
- Note: These events offer you the opportunity to meet and socialize with current active JLHR members and learn more about the League. You do not need to attend in order to submit an application.
This sounds amazing! How do I apply?
- The application period for the 2020-2021 League Year is currently open and it must be completed by August 31, 2020. Apply Here.
- Membership dues must be paid no later than September 12, 2020. Dues are $120 for the 2020-2021 year.
- Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click to view the 2020-2021 New Member Overview.