What is the Endowment Fund?
The Endowment Fund enables us to turn each dollar into many dollars. Your contribution becomes principle that is invested to create income; only income generated by these investments will be spent to support the needs of the Junior League of Hampton Roads and our projects. To make a donation to the Endowment Fund, click here.
Why the Endowment Fund?
The Endowment Fund offers New, Active and Sustainer members of the League, as well as community group and businesses in Hampton Roads, a convenient method to contribute to the Junior League of Hampton Roads that gives all year long. To make a donation now, click here.
There are opportunities for giving at all income levels. Whether you make a contribution in honor of a new baby, as a local business owner, or as a member of the JLHR pledging $10 for every year you have served, your donation will ensure the success of the JLHR in the years to come.
The benefits you have as a donor to the Endowment Fund include:
- Ease of Participation: The Endowment Fund provides Active League members, Sustainers and local business owners with a convenient way to contribute to the Junior League of Hampton Roads year-round, whether or not they choose to participate in other League fundraising events.
- Tax Benefits and Savings: Contributions may be tax-deductible in whole or in part. Be sure to check with your accountant for specific details that apply to you and your donations.
- Celebration & Acknowledgment: The Endowment Fund gives donors a means and opportunity to recognize what is important to them – family, friends, special occasions, life events, and remembrances.
The Junior League of Hampton Roads welcomes the following donations:
- Cash, check or credit card contributions
- Securities, stocks and bonds
- Bequests, estates and wills
- Life income through trusts
- Corporate matching gifts
Please contact us if you need help matching your gift to a specific request.