Do you have an interest in non-profit organizations and voluntarism? The Junior League of Hampton Roads is currently hiring for an Administrative Assistant to serve at our headquarters, located in Newport News, VA. To apply, please provide a cover letter and resume to Valia Maloney at firstname.lastname@example.org. References may be required upon request. Please send all documents no later than close of business on July 28th.
To perform administrative support and office managerial duties on delegated matters for the Junior League office.
Administrative Tasks and Support
- Serves as receptionist for JLHR headquarters; screens all telephone inquiries and visitors and refers non-routine matters to appropriate individuals
- Communicates with members on League related matters as often as necessary
- Receives, sorts and routes incoming email and US postal mail; prepares and mails thank-you letters on behalf of the President to all JLHR partners
- Receives and processes monetary transactions and makes bank deposits as often as necessary
- Coordinates meeting dates for JLHR headquarters with committees and external organizations and updates all calendars accordingly
- Orders office supplies and maintains office equipment and files
- Communicates maintenance and repair issues at JLHR Headquarters with the Operations Assistant
- Coordinates all travel plans to League conferences for members to include securing conference registrations, flight, and hotel reservations
- Works with board members and committee chairs to support and keep current on JLHR projects and events
- Works with the Publications Committee to ship cookbook orders and handles customer returns or concerns; completes inventory for Publications and other League resources
- Performs all other related tasks as delegated
- High school diploma or successful completion of a GED is required
- Considerable administrative experience required, preferably within a non-profit environment
- Proficiency in personal computers and Microsoft Office Suite to include Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required
- Experience with Digital Cheetah or another volunteer and data management software is highly desirable
- Must have strong organizational and administrative skills with the ability to multi-task
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong customer service and interpersonal skills are essential
Classification: Part-time, non-exempt
Hourly Wage: $12-14/hour
Hours of work: Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 9am – 12pm. If any work day falls on a holiday, another day of the week will be chosen. Flexibility in the dates and hours will be considered!