What is the Endowment Fund?
The Endowment Fund offers Provisional, Active and Sustainer members of the League, the community and business in Hampton Roads a convenient method to contribute to the Junior League of Hampton Roads that gives all year long.
To learn more about the Endowment Fund click on the tab above labeled Why the Endowment Fund? or Here. To skip this step and to make a donation now click on the Donate button on the right side of this page.
Thank you in advance for your generous donation!
Why the Endowment Fund?
The provides Provisional, Active and Sustainer members of the League, the community and businesses in Hampton Roads a convenient method to contribute to the Junior League of Hampton Roads that gives all year long..
There are many opportunities for giving - at all income levels - whether you make a contribution in honor of a new baby, make a bequest, or, as a member of the Junior League of Hampton Roads pledge $10 for every year you have served.
If every one of our 600 Active and Sustaining members contributed only $100, we would raise $60,000 for the Endowment Fund..
The benefits you have as a donor to the Endowment Fund include:
- Ease of Participation: The Endowment Fund provides Active League members, Sustainers, communities in Hampton Roads on the Virginia Peninsula and businesses with a convenient way to contribute to the Junior League of Hampton Roads year-round, whether or not they choose to participate in other League fundraising events.
- Donation Flexibility: The Endowment Fund offers a range of diverse donation options to satisfy the needs of contributors who wish to support the Junior League of Hampton Roads and their community for their lifetimes and beyond.
- Tax Benefits and Savings: Contributions may be tax-deductible in whole or in part. Be sure to check with your accountant for specific details that apply to you and your donations.
- Celebration & Acknowledgment: This Endowment Fund gives donors a means and opportunity to recognize what is important to them - family, friends, special occasions, events, and remembrances.
The Junior League of Hampton Roads welcomes the following donations:
- Cash, check or credit card contributions
- Securities, stocks and bonds
- Bequests, estates and wills
- Life income through trusts
- Corporate matching gifts
- Memorial Funds Contributions which honor and celebrate a loved one, birthday, wedding, anniversary, graduation, the birth of a child etc.
How Your Donated Dollars Are Spent
The Endowment Fund enables us to turn each dollar into many dollars. Your contribution becomes principle that is never spent on projects, but rather is invested to create income; only income generated by these investments will be spent to support the Junior League of Hampton Roads's projects.